Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Idea : Phone Number Harvesting

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 07:47:04 -0600

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 5:57 AM, Gyanendra Mishra <anomaly.the () gmail com>
wrote:

Hi,
I was going through NSE when I found the email harvesting script. I
thought of adding phone number support and rewrote the script. Currently it
shows many false positives because the pattern isn't very strict. I was
thinking of limiting it to the patterns shown here :
stdcxx.apache.org/doc/stdlibug/26-1.html
Is this a  useful script? If yes, some formats that you might want ?

Actually, http-email-harvest [1] looks like just a special application of
http-grep [2]. Maybe these should be combined, with a set of default
patterns that can be selected by script-arg. So http-email-harvest becomes
"http-grep --script-args http-grep.type=email" or something. What do you
think?

Dan