Nmap Development mailing list archives

issues.nmap.org (Github Issues) beta test now open!

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 08:48:10 -0600

Season's Greetings, fellow devs!

As a few of you already know, there is an "unofficial mirror" of Nmap's
source code on Github [1]. In the past week or so, we have taken steps to
make it less-unofficial. Today, I am officially announcing the open
Beta-test of Github Issues as the Nmap Project bugtracker:
http://issues.nmap.org/

The nmap-dev mailing list is a great tool and community, and it's not going
anywhere. We will continue to accept bug reports, patches, questions, and
musings via dev () nmap org. But wherever possible, we will convert those into
issues on the bugtracker so that things are much less likely to slip
through the cracks.

The official Nmap source code will still be the Subversion repository at
https://svn.nmap.org/ , with Github acting as a read-only mirror. So
although we will accept code submissions as Github pull requests (since
those come with very nice code review features), the commits will happen on
the SVN end.

For now, the number of people with access to the Github repository is very
small, and does not include most of the developers here, even committers.
This means that we can't fully use the assignment feature yet, but it
should suffice for a beta test.

What can you do? Look over the list of issues. Sign up for a Github account
if you don't already have one and comment on issue #18. Comment on other
issues as needed. File your favorite bug or enhancement request. Reply here
with feedback on the process or your favorite Github or bugtracker tips.

Happy hacking,
Dan

[1] https://github.com/nmap/nmap