Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Call for testers: skypev2-version improvement

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 22:42:21 -0500

List,

I've just finished working on some NSE improvements using cached service
probe responses to avoid sending additional probes during script scanning.
You can see this in action in the http-server-header script as of r33712.

I have produced a similar improvement for skypev2-version which ought to
avoid 1 or 2 requests per open-but-unknown TCP port. Additionally, it uses
formulas.looksRandom instead of a cryptic Lua pattern to determine
"randomness" of the response.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Skype node here to test on. All I need is for
someone to run the attached script like so:

nmap -sV -d -p 80,443 some-skype-server.ip

And then report that it correctly identifies those ports as skype2. If you
want to further add --script-trace and confirm that the script sends no
packets itself, that would be fine. I've already tested against a
non-skype-but-unknown service and things work fine.

Thanks!
Dan