Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Shell Shock NSE Script (CVE-2014-6271)

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 10:38:52 -0600

Hi list,

This is the updated version of the script. Do you think is worth including
a check in some default paths? I was also thinking the possibility of using
the web spidering library to try to find any URIs with /cgi-bin/ in the
path and attempt the exploit against them, however, I'm not sure if users
will be surprised that this check will launch a web crawler against their
target. So we have three options:
-Leave it as it is right now. A single check against web servers that uses
"/" by default. This can be changed with script arguments.
-Implement this check with the spidering library as I mentioned above
-Include some default paths to check by default besides "/". The down side
of this is that the script will generate more traffic against non
vulnerable hosts.

Cheers.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Richard Miles <