Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: bug report

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:12:11 -0600

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 4:00 AM, 怀念 <waih16 () 163 com> wrote:

hi author,

你好!

I am not good at  english, so don't mind my awful expression ~
I have two questions here:

(1)  I have installed the latest version of zenmap, 6.47, and find a
problem, which I am not sure whether it is a bug or not.

When useing a command like this :

*namp -p port1,port2,……,portn    192.168.31.211*

if the number of ports is not more than 26(n<=26), the result will contain
all given ports ,no matter the state is "open" or "filtered".  (chart1)
chart1: n <= 26
 Is this normal ?

This is the expected behavior. With larger numbers of ports, Nmap combines
them into the statement, "Not shown: 26 filtered ports." This is to avoid
extra-long output. At higher verbose or debug levels (anything over -vv or
-d2), no port states are hidden. The logic for this decision is in
PortList::isIgnoredState(int) in portlist.cc;

(2).There is a another problem, I think it is a small bug.

This does look like a bug, but there is not a lot of information to work
with. Does this happen every time, or only when certain conditions are met
(e.g. only happens when the output is small)? What platform are you running
Zenmap on (Windows, Linux, etc)? What version of Python and PyGTK are you
running (python -c "import gtk;print gtk.ver")?

Thanks,
Dan