Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Crazy congestion control behavior after r33195

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:30:40 -0700

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 12:41:07PM +0200, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
The scan finally finished. You can see the complete log there:

https://svn.nmap.org/!svn/bc/33203/nmap-exp/d33tah/uploads/r33198-complete-nmap_-p-_--unprivileged_-sT_-n_-Pn_-d4_scanme.nmap.org_8.8.8.8_stderr_to_stdout.log.lzma

Short URL: https://tinyurl.com/lpyfxwk

I attach a plot generated by my parse-timing.py script from
nmap-portscan-tests. Also, groupstats show that peak active probes count
was 133.

The shape of the cwnd curves kind of looks like response rate scaling
isn't working properly. It looks like a square root rather than a line.
It could happen if num_replies_expected isn't increased properly. Or it
could be because cc_scale reached cc_scale_max.

David