Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Why http.parse_form() rejects forms w/o action?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:43:58 -0700

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 07:27:25PM +0000, nnposter () users sourceforge net wrote:
I have run into an issue where http.parse_form() refuses to process
a form unless it contains the action attribute so I would like to
solicit some rationale behind this behavior.

IMHO it seems acceptable to process such forms, while leaving "action"
undefined in the resulting object.

Any explanation is highly appreciated.

The default action is formally defined to be GET, so you could just set
it to GET if that's what callers are expecting.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/forms.html#attr-fs-action
"The invalid value default for these attributes is the GET state. The
missing value default for the method attribute is also the GET state."

David Fifield