Nmap Development mailing list archives

zlib binding and deluge-rpc-brute use case script

From: Claudiu Perta <claudiu.perta () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 23:18:16 +0100

Hi list,

For my work on spdy, I've been using the lua zlib implementation at [1],
one of main reasons being the dictionary support in inflate/deflate, which
is required by spdy (also the license should be fine).

In attachment, the patch against the latest nmap revision (33536). In order
to build the module, the zlib [2] library needs to be installed; so far I
tested it on Ubuntu (12.04) and OS X (Mavericks), and it works fine. As an
example, I'm also including a script I implemented, 'deluge-rpc-brute.nse'
[3], for brute force authentication against the DelugeRPC daemon (which
uses zlib compressed messages).

Any feedback is welcomed.

Cheers,
Claudiu