Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Suggestion for update nmap man page for -A option

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:46:07 -0700

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Borja Tarraso <borja.tarraso () gmail com>
wrote:

Hi,

I have some suggestion for update the man page of Nmap in order to clarify
the option -A. As this will only perform the OS detection if user has
privileges, so it was confusing to me the first time why -O option requires
meanwhile -A not. So I think it will be good to highlight this on the man
page. Here is the suggested patch:

Thanks Borja.  I just updated the man page to note this in the -A
documentation section.  For brevity, we probably won't add it to the
syntax/quick usage section.

Cheers,
Fyodor