Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Erros on URI using NSE

From: Robin Wood <robin@digi.ninja>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 22:44:07 +0100

On 10 Aug 2014 16:44, "Shritam Bhowmick" <shritam.bhowmick () gmail com> wrote:

Okay, so this worked, but it was supposed to give me these credentials:

user: admin () pentesteracademy com
password: zzzxy

The query was:

nmap pentesteracademylab.appspot.com -p 80 -n --script=http-form-brute
--script-args 'http-form-brute.path="/lab/webapp/1",
http-form-brute.hostname="pentesteracademylab.appspot.com",
passdb="/root/Desktop/pentesteracademy/challenge1/passwords.txt",
userdb="/root/Desktop/pentesteracademy/challenge1/users.txt",
http-form-brute.passvar="password", http-form-brute.uservar="email",
http-form-brute.onfailure="Failed!"' -vvv

I 'did a http-form-brute.onfailure set to "Failed" because that's the
string it is supposed to filter and log the unsuccessful attempts, any
changes will be hence successful logins. This did not work either. But the
errors from the previous ones were fixed. And as for the scenario, there
are many tests where a form does not define any methods which is supposed
to be inherited to the source. Which is by default I assume it's 'GET'.
There are times in pentest I look at these vulnerable applications using
form based GET but the problem is the right credentials, in such cases
it'd
be good if we could test the authentication using a formulated attack.

I do a lot of web app tests and can't remember the last time I saw login
over GET. I'd say it is a rarity.

Robin

Regards
Shritam Bhowmick
Founder at OpenFire Technologies.
Penetration Tester at+OpenFire Security.
Web Application Analysis and Research.
www.openfire-security.net
http://forum.openfire-security.net

The information contained herein (including any accompanying documents) is
confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). It may contain
proprietary, confidential, privileged information or other information
subject to legal restrictions. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this message or
its
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of
this message and any attachments. This e-mail message including
attachment(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is
the responsibility of the recipient to ensure for absence of viruses.
OpenFire Technologies shall not be held responsible nor does it accept
any liability for any damage arising in any way from its use.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>