Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap quits after "Zenmark wants to make changes" window on Mavericks 10.9.4 (nmap-6.46, xquartz 2.7.6)

From: Paul Martin <hello () riosunrise com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 11:20:17 -0600

Good People,

After downloading the Mac install dmg today and installing the latest
Quartz, I am having zenmark issues. I can start zenmap from my applications
screen and get the "Zenmark wants to make changes enter your username and
password to do this" window, but after clicking OK, the GUI disappears
forever.

I did a bit of research, and my issue initially seemed similar to this bug
report from November 2013: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2013/q4/125. As in
this bug, nmap itself works just fine.

The differences are that:
1) I am using the latest dmg that supposedly fixed the bad library.
2) When I run zenmap from the command line, I get no errors. Things just do
not work. E.g.:

Pauls-MacBook-Pro:/ paul$ sudo open /Applications/Zenmap.app
Password:
Pauls-MacBook-Pro:/ paul$
/* After this the "zenmark wants to make changes" GUI appears, asks for the
system password, and after I press OK, disappears forever. */

See, no errors reported. But no zenmap GUI either.

I’m a bit new to Mac/Linux so if anyone has any pointers on what debugging
they might want me to turn on (and how to do this) I will do my best to
help out.

Much Appreciated,

Paul