Nmap Development mailing list archives

Sriharsha Karamchati's Status Report #5 of 13

From: Sriharsha Karamchati <leo.harsha93 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 13:00:28 +0530

HI All,

This is my status report *#5 of 13*

*Accomplishments*

   - As I  did not get any negative feedback about proceeding with the
   improvements to dns-ip6-arpa-scan.nse script,following improvements were
   done:
   - Number of hosts discovered is added into the script. This could go in
      the "dns-ip6-arpa-scan:" line which is otherwise empty anyway.
You can find
      the script here:
      https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/Sriharsha/dns-ip6-arpa-scan/ . I have
      also attached the output files in this mail.
      - Halfway done with this fix: Instead of separate "prefix" and "mask"
      arguments, maybe it could support them together like Nmap generally does
      for IPv4. Examples could be "2600:3c01::f03c:91ff:fe93:cd19/112", "
      scanme.nmap.org/112

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fscanme.nmap.org%2F112&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEupcozQ3sjt6fi48y0KEr4nz5J4w>",
      or "2600:3c01/32". Besides being an easier syntax to use, this
would allow
      the script to accept multiple prefixes/masks.

*Priorities : *

   1. Complete the second fix Discuss the fixes with the mentor and further
   modify the script if needed.
   2. If modifications are perfectly working,will proceed with this bug ;
   http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2014/q2/105
   3. IPv6 scripts were not working on my windows system. Will try to
   resolve it. (Could not resolve it so far, still working on it)

 Cheers!
 Sriharsha