Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE script detecting "CCS Injection" vulnerability in OpenSSL

From: Claudiu Perta <claudiu.perta () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:24:48 +0100

I seem to be getting a lot of false positives with this script. It is
identifying machines as vulnerable that aren't even running OpenSSL.

I am using it to scan an entire Class B. Can something be done to
decrease the false positives?

Sorry I didn't have time to look into it earlier, more people actually
reported this.

I run some tests with GnuTLS and got false-positives as well. I'm attaching
the patched version, which should hopefully fix the issue (there just a
couple of minor changes, I'm also attaching the diff).

Thanks,
Claudiu