Nmap Development mailing list archives

ssl-heartbleed did not match a category etc. (Was: RE: Crash report)

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 08:36:45 -0500

On 04/10/2014 07:41 AM, David Moody wrote:
I am attempting to run this script and receive the following error

ssl-heartbleed did not match a category, filename, ort directory

I have done an apt-get update and apt-get-upgrade. Since I am new to this I
was wondering if there was something else I needed to do to make this work.

If someone could assist me in getting this to work that would be great.

Thanks

David,

In order to run the script, you will need to get it from the download link on the NSEdoc page: http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/ssl-heartbleed.html

You will also need an updated version of the tls.lua library from the Source link on this page: http://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/tls.html

This should work for the latest release version of Nmap, 6.40. If your Linux distribution's repository is out of date (as many of them are), you can compile from source (http://nmap.org/download.html), since we do not yet distribute a .deb installer.

Dan

P.S. When reporting a new issue, please send a new message to the mailing list instead of replying to an unrelated thread. Thanks!