Nmap Development mailing list archives

Devin's Status Report #1 of 13

From: devin bjelland <devinbjelland () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 23:49:15 +0100

Hi list,
This week I dived into the NSE code and became more familiar with the Lua C
api.
I also discussed/researched lpeg and libssh2 integration.

Accomplishments
* Finished NSE enhanced output patch, (superseded print_debug and
print_verbose   with debug() and verbose() which print some nice context
based information depending on debug/verbosity level
* Strategized how I will take over the tty when the NSE interactive
debugger is activated.
* Practiced using the lua C api.
* Researched what would go into integrating libssh2 with nmap (it looks
fairly straightforward). Started writing the code.
* Played with the lpeg library/discussed integration with nmap
* Met with my mentor to discuss what I should focus on next

Priorities
* Write formal proposal for modifying how Nmap interacts with the terminal.
* Integrate Lpeg library and simplify some scripts by using it
* Work on integrating libssh2 and implementing scripts to use the new
facilities

Cheers,
Devin Bjelland