Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: [NSE] Script Submission: NTLM Information Disclosure (MS-SQL, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, Telnet, NNTP)

From: "NMap User1" <nmapuser1 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:42:05 -0400

Hi Dan,

Just wanted to follow up on the status of incorporating these scripts into
Nmap.  I think keeping the scripts separate would be the easiest for users,
as well as developers submitting additional scripts that enumerate such
information via the NTLM authentication protocol.

I've re-attached the scripts to this e-mail, some of which contain minor
updates:
* MS-SQL
* SMTP
* IMAP
* POP3
* Telnet
* NNTP

Just let me know if there are any questions or how I can help.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Dan,

I originally contemplated creating one large script to handle all the
various protocols.  However, the name of the script wouldn't align with the
traditional naming scheme ([protocol]-[name]).  Thus, it may confuse users
especially when searching for protocol specific scripts, or, trying to
enable all scripts for a defined protocol (e.g --script
http-*,telnet-*,etc.).

I'm more than happy to combine all protocols into one monolithic script if
needed.  I just need some guidance from the Nmap team what the preferred
method would be.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Justin