Nmap Development mailing list archives

Inconsistent results with httpspider.maxpagecount

From: xgermx <xgermx () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 12:54:35 -0500

https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/nselib/httpspider.lua
The "maxpagecount" argument inside the httpspider library offers the
following option: A negative value disables the limit. This is similar to
the httpspider.maxdepth option.
In my testing using a negative number with maxpagecount often fails while
using a negative number with maxpagedepth works consistently.

This can been seen in some scripts utilizing the httpspider.maxpagecount
such http-auth-finder.

Sample command with debug using maxpagecount=99
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=5fkwLaDA
Sample command with debug using maxpagecount=-1
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=w93i5MZ2

Environment info:
Nmap 6.40
uname -a Linux KK 3.7-trunk-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.7.2-0+kali8 i686
GNU/Linux

In my testing, I often encounter more errors with maxpagecount when
combining multiple script arguments, although this is not always required,
as demonstrated in the pastes above.
I will gladly administer more specific tests if advised.

Cheers,

-xgermx