Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: small nmap svn repo housekeeping request (cleanup files with mixed line terminators)

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 02:33:04 -0700

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM, olli hauer <ohauer () gmx de> wrote:

Hi,

is it possible that someone with access to the nmap svn repo can run the
dos2unix tool over the following list of files.
This would be a great help to shape incremental updates for packagers.
Setting 'svn:eol-style native' and 'svn:mime-type text/plain' on source
files (exclude zenmap.mo) would be also a good idea.

Hi Olli.  Thanks for the mail.  Most of these are Windows-related files.
 If something is going to be edited mostly in Windows, maybe it makes sense
to use Windows line endings for those files?  Regarding the ones you
mentioned:

ASCII text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
./libdnet-stripped/include/dnet_winconfig.h

This file is only for Windows

./ncat/docs/examples/logs/ascii-output

This is SMTP protocol, which I think uses these line terminators.

./ncat/docs/examples/scripts/http-scan/scanner-output

This is HTTP, which tends to use these line terminators.

./ncat/docs/ncatguide.xml

The '\r\n' here is just a special CDATA section of an HTTP header (which,
again, uses these line terminators)

./nselib/citrixxml.lua

OK, I changed this in svn to UNIX format.

./todo/paulino.calderon.txt

This is just someone's todo file, so I don't care what format it is in.

ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./nselib/data/oracle-sids

OK, I changed this one.

./nselib/data/psexec/nmap_service.c
./nsock/include/nsock_winconfig.h

These are Windows files.

./libpcap/msdos/bin2c.c
./libpcap/msdos/makefile
./libpcap/msdos/makefile.wc
./libpcap/msdos/ndis2.c
./libpcap/msdos/ndis2.h
./libpcap/msdos/ndis_0.asm
./libpcap/msdos/pkt_rx0.asm
./libpcap/msdos/pkt_rx1.s
./libpcap/msdos/pktdrvr.c
./libpcap/msdos/pktdrvr.h

These are all Windows/DO files too.

The two files I changed were committed in r32849.  I'm not saying this
really solves the problem, but I'm also not sure what the exact problem is.
 I'm not against using the svn properties to enforce "proper" line endings
where appropriate.

Cheers,
Fyodor