Nmap Development mailing list archives

does this matter?

From: "Mike ." <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:18:17 +0000

just talked to George a bit ago about my issue with the router brute force script. he told me i had a -- out of place.
i just put that extra dash in and still got an odd errornmap: illegal option -- รป
so just for the heck of it i ran the dashes as singles and that seemed to work! output here>
 C:\>nmap -p80 -script http-brute -script-args http-brute.path=/admin/ 192.168.0.1  (notice the single dashes)
so the question here is, does it even matter? single or double dashes? but again i am confused. when i run this brute
force against this damn login page, nmap  still says this : 80/tcp open  http    syn-ack| http-brute:|_  Path "/admin/"
does not require authenticationMAC Address: 50:39:55:44:F5:AE (Cisco Spvtg)
i have already tested blank auth and it does not go! what the hell?
m|ke