Nmap Development mailing list archives

Question - script: p2p-conficker

From: Joe.Lemak () omya com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:50:31 -0500

Hi All,
I am  trying to identify internal IP of infected host with  conficker.
I am running script: p2p-conficker

I  am following recommendation:
 Run the scripts against all active hosts (recommended)
nmap -p139,445 -vv --script p2p-conficker,smb-os-discovery,smb-check-vulns
--script-args=checkconficker=1,safe=1 -T4 <host>

The command will find hosts and lists open/closed port 139 and 445,
however no infection found yet.

This a comment in a script description:
"This check won't work properly on a multihomed or NATed system because
the open ports will be based on a nonpublic IP"

Does the above script comment is saying that it will not work on my
internal network using private IPs?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Joe Lemak
Network Systems Engineer

Omya Inc.
9987 Carver Rd, Suite 300
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
USA
Phone direct:
+1 513 387 4367
Mobile:+1 513 515 9263
Fax:+1 513 672 2073
eMail: Joe.Lemak () omya com
Internet: www.omya.com

"This message contains information that may be confidential or privileged and
is intended
only for the individual or entity named above. No one else may disclose, copy,
distribute
or use the contents of this message. Unauthorized use, dissemination and
duplication
is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. All personal messages express
views solely
of the sender, which are not to be attributed to Omya AG and its subsidiaries
and affiliates.
If you received this message in error, please notify the Sender and delete this
message."