Nmap Development mailing list archives

Correction for submitted OS fingerprint

From: Kevin Zheng <kevinz5000 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 09:37:51 -0600

Hi all,

Earlier today at around 15:20 UTC I submitted an OS fingerprint for one
of my FreeBSD machines. The target was running FreeBSD 9.X, while the
machine I scanned it from was running FreeBSD 10.X. Being silly, I
submitted the OS family as "10.X" and ran `uname -a` on the scanning
machine instead of the target.

Corrected `uname -a` output:

FreeBSD quasar.local 9.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE #0 r255898: Fri Sep
27 03:52:52 UTC 2013
root () bake isc freebsd org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I'm hoping someone on this list can back out my incorrect submission and
maybe submit the correction. If not, please forward this message to
someone who can. I'm not subscribed to this list, so please CC me in any