Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SOC idea

From: "A. P. Garcia" <a.phillip.garcia () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 08:15:25 -0600

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Jason Gerfen <jason.gerfen () gmail com> wrote:
I just posted on the announce list, which led me to
http://nmap.org/soc/#creative and now this message.

They say you miss 100% of the shots you never take so here it goes...

I have already started a project which utilizes the current nmap
binaries and improves the speed dramatically. The project has only
recently started and with some preliminary benchmarks shaves 20seconds
off simple host discovery scans.

just curious, off scans of what size?

Details of the project can be found at
https://github.com/jas-/node-libnmap &
https://npmjs.org/package/node-libnmap.

Thanks!

I realize this has absolutely nothing to do with your proposal, so
please forgive me. One thing I'd love to see with nmap is a daemon
with a RESTful API, similar to what nessus has. This would make it a
breeze to build web based tools on top of nmap -- I'm thinking
something along the lines of PBNJ, as well as IPAM tool integration.
Just a thought, in case anyone is looking for something to do.  :-)