Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Unittest library

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:08:35 -0500

Hi, fellow developers!

Way back in the first week of January, I added a library to do unit
testing for NSE libraries. I didn't announce it on this list, but the
NSE portal has had the documentation up for a while
(http://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/unittest.html).

So far, I have added some unit tests to the ipOps, unittest, unicode,
and smbauth libraries that should serve as examples of how to use it.
Unit tests are most useful when code is changing:

* when developing a library, to test functionality
* when a function may be altered in the future to add more
functionality (as a regression test)
* when the program makes use of some external API that may change.

Dan