Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Not able to open NMAP source code through visual studio on windows.

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:56:45 +0100

05/03/2014 14:19:45 Vikram Salunkhe <vikram.salunkhe () continuum net>:
Hi ,
I don't have experience on Linux OS. So I want to debug NMAP source code on
windows using visual studio 2010.I downloaded the source code and unzipped
using 7-zip.I got below directory structure.
[cid:image001.jpg@01CF38AC.0CE15CA0]

When I tried to open the .sln file I got exe opened through the visual
studio. I am not able to see source files as normal project .
[cid:image002.png@01CF38AC.0CE15CA0]

Please need your help open NMAP source code through VS2010.

Regards,
Vikram salunkhe.

Hello,

I'm under the impression that you're not following the standard Nmap build
process. Please make sure you're using the instructions here:

http://nmap.org/book/inst-windows.html#nmap-install-windows-compile-from-source

The correct MSVC solution file is nmap.sln, which needs to be placed in the
correct directory path, relative to Nmap's source code. Please let me know if
you have further problems.

Yours,
Jacek Wielemborek