Nmap Development mailing list archives

Gsoc 2014 : Nmap Scripting Engine - Script Developers

From: Nitin Agarwal <nitinagarwal3006 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 10:58:28 +0500

Hi,

Here its Nitin Agarwal, an open source Software developer and enthusiast. I
am
currently pursuing Computer Science and Engineering at International
Institute
of Information Technology INDIA. I had an experience working with the open
source organisations and development of open source software.

You can have a look at my github profile <https://github.com/NitinAgarwal>.[1]
My first priority programming languages
include GNU C/C++ and Python. I have been using these languages for the
Coding,
Programming challenges, Application development and contributing to open
source
software. Apart from this, I am also aware of version control systems
git/github, SVN,
bazaar and other web technologies like Javascript, HTML, CSS and bash, Lua
Scripting languages. I am ambitious person eager to learn other
technologies when in
need while working. IRC Handle [2]. You can have a look at my Wikipedia
profile <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nitinagarwal3006>.[3]

While going through the ideas page being proposed for Gsoc, I found the
Network Scripting
Engine Project Idea to be very appealing to pursue in the upcoming Google
Summer
of Code 2014. I have indepth understanding to network security and network
administration
skills to work on this Project Idea.

I would like to develop scripts for web scanning. I have the desired skills
with an intimate
knowledge of the tools used to work on this project idea. I have looked at
the tools
Burp Suite <http://portswigger.net/burp/> and
w3af<http://w3af.sourceforge.net/>as specified on the Project ideas
page. I have gone through some of
the HTTP scripts already created. I am looking forward to develop scripts
from scratch so
that Nmap has solid web scanning capabilities.
I would like to discuss more about the project in detail with the mentor.

I am looking forward to contribute to Nmap Project in the upcoming Google
Summer
of Code 2014 through this Project Idea. I am looking forward to discuss
about more details
of the Project with the mentor to draft a strong proposal for Gsoc 2014.

Thanks

*Nitin Agarwal*

[1]  Github :
*https://github.com/NitinAgarwal <https://github.com/NitinAgarwal> *[2]  IRC