Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Created NSE script to detect version of SPIP install

From: Paul AMAR <aos.paul () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:38:25 +0100

Hi everybody,

I developed a NSE script that detects the version of a SPIP install.
At the moment, the script is looking for the version in the HTTP Header
(Composed-by) which is the most common technique.

I'll also (if it failed) add another technique to look in the HTML body
instead,  in few days/weeks.

To test it, I had some SPIP installs in local.

To try it :

*nmap -p80 --script http-detect-spip-version.nse localhost -d1 nmap -p80
--script http-detect-spip-version.nse localhost --script-args
http-detect-spip-version.uri=/spip/ -d1*

Example of trace :

*NSE: Trying to detect version of SPIP installNSE: GET / NSE: Version of
the SPIP install is 3.0.13NSE: Finished http-detect-spip-version against
localhost (127.0.0.1:80 <http://127.0.0.1:80>).*

Don't hesitate if you have any feedback.

Cheers,
Paul