Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: dns-fuzz script is not working with example usage command

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:55:26 +0100

There was a small bug when dealing with servers that time out.  I have
added a fix and also enabled tcp support for the dns-nsec-enum and
dns-client-subnet scripts

On 31 January 2014 15:57, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com> wrote:
On 01/29/2014 03:19 PM, John Bond wrote:

So i decided to have a crack at this.  Attached is a patch that  adds
tcp support to the dns.lua and a small update to the dns-nsid.nse
script to demonstrate.  Everything seems to work as expected however i
have only done a small amount of testing.  I have tried to make it
backwards compatible so any scripts which dont currently pass a proto
in the options hash should still continue to work as expected meaning
in theory it should be safe to merge without affecting anything
current.  Anyway let me know what you think

John,

Thanks for this patch. I cleaned up some unused and undeclared variables and
committed this as r32687.

Dan