Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap stars in more movies! Elysium and G.I. Joe: Retaliation

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:54:12 -0700

Hi folks.  I'm happy to report that Nmap has starred in two new movies and
I've posted the screen shots!

The movie Elysium takes us to the year 2154 when an overpopulated Earth
teems with poverty, crime, and destruction while the rich live on a
luxurious space station. Nmap version 13 is used to port scan Matt Damon's
augmented brain before transferring the data he carries in an attempt to
hack the space station.  That leaves us 41 more years to reach version 13,
which seems like a reasonable deadline.  Screenshots:
http://nmap.org/movies/#elysium

In G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Nmap is used to launch nuclear missiles!  We
really do need an NSE script for that!   While the syntax is a little
screwy, they seem to use Nmap to scan a missile silo to find ICBMs, ssh to
each located missle, su to root and then execute commands to arm and launch
it.  Screenshots: http://nmap.org/movies/#gijoe

As always, if you catch Nmap in any film, do let me know!  We're up to 17
now at http://nmap.org/movies/

Cheers,
Fyodor