Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap does not start in Mavericks

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 22:44:43 -0800

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Horst Tebbe <tebbe () alum rpi edu> wrote:

I did a clean install of the zenmapmmap package, and also XQuartz.  Nmap
seems to be fine, but Zenmap will not start.  After asking for admin
permission, nothing happens.  I have left it in that state for an hour, no
change.

David's research shows that the file Contents/Frameworks/libxml2.2.dylib
may be the culprit.  It's better to delete this and use the system's libxml
library instead.  So that's what David did in nmap-6.40-2.dmg which I just
posted at:

http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-6.40-2.dmg

That's the main Mac link on our download page now too.  So if anyone has a
problem with it, please mail the dev list to let us know.  Just in case you
need to compare it with the previous 6.40 Mac build, that is still
available at:

http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-6.40.dmg

Cheers,
Fyodor