Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: softmatch for http

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 15:25:47 -0600

On 09/18/2013 02:07 AM, Till Maas wrote:
I hope that there is a solution to this. So besides maybe adding the
softmatch to other protocols to allow other probes to be run, maybe it
can be moved to the end somehow to still find the server to be http,
when other probes did not match.
Till,

I believe there is now a solution for this. NSE scripts work great for checks that depend on or supplement version scan info, and they run *after* the version scan has completed. I just checked in a script, http-server-header, that should be able to do the kind of detection you want. It won't run if -sV already detected some other service (like UPnP), but in other cases it sends the GetRequest probe and checks for 'HTTP/1.[01] \d\d\d', setting the service to "http" and extracting the Server: header.

Dan