Nmap Development mailing list archives

need a small script for testing purposes

From: "Wissmann, Dirk" <Dirk.Wissmann () Atos net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:05:59 +0200

Hi all,

in order to reproduce a very specific error of an TCP/IP communication process, I need a tiny little nse-script, but
unfortunately, I'm not used to LUA programming.

This script should reproduce a very unusual behaviour:

First, a device creates a connection to my listener, I can see the usual 3-way-handshake in wireshark:

device -> listener: SYN
listener -> device: SYN, ACK
device -> listener: ACK

Now the unexpected happens :

device -> listener : RST
device -> listener : PSH,ACK (with 128 bytes of data)
listener -> device: RST, ACK

Since this is a complete new situation, the listener process suddenly stops working, but without crashing. Now I need
to "immunize" my listener process, so that I can set up the listener again properly. But since I don't know, where the
problem is, and since I know of no other tool, I need a tiny little lua script (that I think has to use the packet
library) that simulates the behaviour of this defective device: a proper connection, then the RST packet followed by a
packet with data in it...

Is there maybe someone here, who could at least give me a "sample frame" for this?

Thanks already, guys!

Dirk

Atos Worldline GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Wolf Kunisch
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christophe Duquenne
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/M.
Handelsregister: Frankfurt/Main HRB 40 417

* * * * * * * * L E G A L    D I S C L A I M E R * * * * * * * *
This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be
privileged. If you receive this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity
cannot be secured on the internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the
sender endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is
virus-free and shall not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
* * * * * * * * L E G A L    D I S C L A I M E R * * * * * * * *