Nmap Development mailing list archives

Building an anti-proxy with ncat

From: "Frantz, Chris" <Chris.Frantz () hp com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:13:34 +0000

Greetings,

I have a simple patch for ncat that can be used to create an anti-proxy (or maybe an un-proxy).  By using the
destination NAT rules in Linux iptables, you can create a private subnet on your company's proxied network that
behaves/believes the proxy does not exist (e.g. has direct access to ports 80/443).

The patch for ncat allows it to learn the original destination address of an outbound connection and broker that
connection transparently through the real proxy.  My need for this functionality has to do with playing with software
packages that use git or ruby's bundler at runtime with no clear way to configure the relevant proxy environment
variables beforehand.

This certainly is not the most elegant patch, but it is very short and simple.

Enjoy,
--Chris