Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ssh-hostkey enhancement

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:20:30 -0700

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:28:35AM +0200, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
2013/9/19 Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>:
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM, George Chatzisofroniou
<sophron () latthi com>wrote:
Hi George.  This is a neat feature but my initial thought is that if added
to trunk, it should probably be off by default.  Users who want it could
then set known-hosts.  Then again, if there are folks who would like to
have it on by default, now is a good time to speak up.

Personally I like it and don't see why should it be off. It doesn't
really break anything, does it?

I wouldn't want the feature on by default. I don't want Nmap reading a
bunch of my files.

I say, let the known-host-file argument be nil by default, and only if
it is set non-nil should the script look at the known_hosts file.

David Fifield