Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Happy birthday nmap!

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 18:31:18 +0200

2013/9/2 Claudio Moretti <flyingstar16 () gmail com>:
On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM, Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com> wrote:

Dear nmap: you're now old enough, just sign up & have fun thanks to this
new --facebook switch
(patch attached) that lets you automatically publishe scan results on
facebook. ;)

The best part of this patch is

+          optarg[sep - optarg] = '\0'; /* I don't care, this patch is a
joke */

and I swear I'll try it out ASAP (but maybe not at 2AM lol)

Claudio

Yeah, happy birthday, Nmap! :) Your patch looks nice, though I can't
really test it because I removed my Facebook account recenty.

I was trying to put together a birthday script too, but unfortunately
it will require one more feature to affect the displayed scan results.
Also, don't try to run it on more than just a several hosts as it can
spam exfiltrated.com enough for its firewall to cut you off the
website temporarily.

Here are my attempts, just for the curious ones:
https://gist.github.com/d33tah/6407070