Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap --show-progress?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:49:53 -0500

On 08/26/2013 12:56 PM, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
Hi,

I recently wanted to run an UDP scan on one host and it took pretty
long. Since I felt too lazy to keep pressing return key to see the
updates, I wrote a small patch that kept showing the progress
everytime it could. The patch can be found in the attachment and also
here:

https://gist.github.com/d33tah/6337489

Obviously, this breaks things. I'm wondering though, would you guys be
interested in a patch that adds --show-progress switch that has the
same behavior? I could also make log_write detect if the last line
began with "\r" and add extra "\n" at the beginning of the next one to
make it not break output.

What do you think?

Yours,
Jacek Wielemborek