Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Call for test: WinPcap 4.1.3 for Nmap (NPcap 1.0)

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:56:45 -0700

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 04:19:27PM +0800, veotax wrote:
Hi, everyone. I got the code signing license just now and had WinPcap 4.1.3 for Nmap signed. Now you guys can test
NPcap installer without entering the boring test mode!
The wpcap.dll version bug was repaired according to the feedback. And I have tested it under Windows 7 x64 and
Windows 8 x64.
revision:31892
The installer only:https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/installer/winpcap-nmap-4.1.3-NDIS6-1.0.exe
The entire code base:https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF
Notice: Save your data in case your system suddenly crashes for BSoD.

I tried installing winpcap-nmap-4.1.3-NDIS6-1.1.exe. The installation
went smoothly and I saw the dialog about the software being signed.

Running Nmap doesn't work, however. I get the same --iflist output with
<none> in the WINDEVICE column, and scanning gives "Failed to open
device eth0".

When I run "net start npf" in an administrator console, I get the error

        System error 2 has occurred.

David Fifield