Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r31211 - in nmap: . nbase nbase/test ncat ncat/docs ncat/scripts ncat/test

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:52:10 -0700

Author: d33tah
Date: Tue Jul  2 16:56:03 2013
New Revision: 31211

Log:
merging in the --lua-exec feature for ncat.

--lua-exec is great, but I'm wondering whether there is any good
documentation for it that I can link from the changelog.  Yes, there is a
sentence in the man page (http://nmap.org/book/ncat-man-command-options.html),
but maybe that could be expanded a bit and perhaps a section in the Ncat
guide would be warranted?  The Ncat guide section could introduce people to
the sample scripts in ncat/scripts too.  I've seen the Secwiki page on
lua-exec, but that's mostly focused on how the feature was developed, not
what it does and how to use it.

There are a few paragraphs in the guide section on exec options.
http://nmap.org/ncat/guide/ncat-exec.html

Sample scripts are not currently being installed.

David Fifield