Nmap Development mailing list archives

Two Ncat use cases - for Users' Guide maybe?

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:40:57 +0200

One might say I hadn't discovered America, but here they are:

1) http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1ki67v/web_server_in_one_line_of_bash/

It's actually netcat, but works for Ncat too. Credits go to batrick.

2) ssh somehost -D 8080 & ncat --proxy localhost:8080 --proxy-type
socks4 remotehost

This one's pretty pretty obvious, though some people might not know
about it (personally, I discovered SSH tunnels quite some time after
having discovered SSH). Note that it's different than "Use SSH Through
an Ncat Tunnel" already put there as it doesn't require Ncat to be
installed on the remote machine.

Think that would fit into the Users' Guide "tricks" section?