Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r31265 - nmap/ncat

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 16:35:40 +0200

2013/7/7 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:
On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 11:51:34PM +0200, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
My friend just told me that -ldl breaks the build on FreeBSD. I'm
looking into a portable solution to this problem.

You should probably do exactly what the nmap configure.ac does.

# OpenSSL and NSE C modules can require dlopen
AC_SEARCH_LIBS(dlopen, dl)

Generally try searching the history and see if the problem has been
solved already. I found the above with "git log configure.ac" and
looking for "libdl".

David

(originally posted to David privately, but I guess it should go to
dev () nmap org: )

Damn, it's already there. No idea why Daniel added it again.