Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: George's status report - #8 of 16

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:00:12 -0700

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 02:36:45PM -0400, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 02:53:30AM +0300, George Chatzisofroniou wrote:
  - Patrick mentioned an idea of a script that checks for common vhosts. I don't
    think that a script currently tells that.

It might be this one:
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/http-vhosts.html

David, do you know if we have a script which actually tries a socket
connection for various subdomains, instead of just changing the Host
HTTP header?

I don't know what you mean; http-vhosts checks for different names on a
single IP; dns-brute checks for name resolution of common subdomains.

David Fifield