Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r30918 - nmap/todo

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 11:05:42 +0200

2013/6/13 Luis MartinGarcia. <luis.mgarc () gmail com>:
On 06/11/2013 10:58 PM, David Fifield wrote:
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 09:01:33PM +0200, Luis MartinGarcia. wrote:
Just wanted to mention that this is something that has already been
fixed in the never-ending nmap-npingchanges branch ;-)
Is it something you can easily merge? What is the diff?

David Fifield
.

No, David. This is something that is hard to merge since the affected
codeis in ProbeMode.cc in the current branch and in ProbeEngine.cc in
the nmap-npingchanges branch.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.

Hi Luis,

What is the status of this branch? Last time I gave it a try it didn't
seem completely stable[1].

It seems to me that the branch has diverged so much that merging it is
now very challenging. Do you have some sort of roadmap, or plans?

IIRC David asked you to split it into different branches (like one per
feature) and merge these branches one by one. Is this something you
have started? If you need help it would be good to document the work
you did (either on dev@ or on secwiki) so that we can discuss how to
split it into smaller patches.

regards

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q4/493