Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: --lua-exec stream redirection on Windows

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:18:15 +0200

Another possibility is to actually create a new process--calling
ncat.exe in a special way so as to make it a Lua interpreter. This would
allow us to use CreateProcess and all the debugged and tested
infrastructure we have for --exec and --sh-exec. What I mean is that you
as a user would call
        ncat -l -k 5000 --lua-exec test.lua
and the code in ncat_exec_win.c would do
        CreateProcess("ncat --lua-exec-internal test.lua", ...);
The --lua-exec-internal option will cause Ncat to immediately become
just a Lua interpreter. It would be basically the same as "lua test.lua".
This is something like how scp has the undocumented -t option that makes
it a file receiver: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_copy#How_it_works.

As for today, this is the approach implemented. I'm not really happy
with this implementation (it just doesn't feel right), so if somebody
more familiar with Windows could speak up, I'd be grateful.