Nmap Development mailing list archives

George's status report - #2 of 16

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 04:27:40 +0300

Hi,

Here's the report for this week.

Accomplishments:

* Switched to nmap's SVN repo and created my private branch.

* Improvements on my HTTP scripts
  http-fileupload-expoiter
    - Emailed the script to the list.
    - Commited it to the trunk.
  http-comments-displayer
    - Added the pathname for the file with the comments and
      the line number in the output.
    - Renamed the 'extend' argument to 'context'.
    - Emailed the script to the list.
    - Commited it to the trunk.
  http-referer-checker.nse
    - This informs about cross-domain include of scripts.
      First version is ready and seems to work good.

* To make http-referer-checker work properly i had to improve
  httpspider library.
    - I added the capability of handling protocol-relative
      URLs.
    - Added a 'scrapejsfiles' parameter. Scraping JS files is
      complicated and most of the times it will extract the
      wrong links. This is by default enabled, but if you turn
      this off, the crawler won't scrape any JS files (it will
      return JS files though).

* Started designing http-stored-xss. This script will POST
  specially crafted strings to every form it encounters and
  then it will spider through the website searching for those
  strings.

Priorities:

* Fix mistakes and make improvements on my http-referer-checker.

* Improve httpspider library.

* Finish a first version of http-stored-xss.

--
George Chatzisofroniou
http://sophron.latthi.com