Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Add port service to nmap.

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 12:14:55 -0700

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 11:56:47PM +0200, Antonio Vázquez Blanco wrote:
I've been trying to find some security holes in a conceptronic access
point. One of the things I've first done was port scanning. Nmap reported
that port 31727/tcp was open but uknown service was running on it. After
some research I could access to uart logs of the device, showing the
following:

********** run Diagd **********
setting: port: 31727
running in daemon mode

which seems to be a diagnostic tool used in some embedded devices.

Please try scanning the device again, and use the -sV option to see if
you get a service fingerprint. If so, then submit it at
http://insecure.org/cgi-bin/servicefp-submit.cgi.

I don't see port 31727 in the IANA port name list at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.txt.
Does this service always run on port 31727, or can it be different? If
it can be different, we're better off with a service fingerprint.

I guess the service name would be "diagd". Do you know anything else
about the service?

David Fifield