Nmap Development mailing list archives

Minor patch to ncat to support chained certs with --ssl option (as attachment)

From: Greg Bailey <gbailey () lxpro com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 14:56:29 -0700

Hi list,

Apologies for the duplicate posting. My earlier posting wrapped the patch horribly; I'm attaching it this time. Original message:

I'm a relatively new ncat user, and recently needed to set up a man-in-the-middle scenario so that I could log traffic protected by HTTPS.

However, I needed to use a chained certificate, but ncat_ssl.c only loads a single certificate that's specified.

With the following minor patch to ncat/ncat_ssl.c, I was able to chain my certificates together, and ncat used them when setting up the SSL listener.

Could this type of change be made? I don't think it would break compatibility with the existing usage of a single cert.

Regards,
Greg Bailey