Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Error with date format string in nselib/rcp.lua

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:59:24 -0500

On 05/15/2013 07:53 PM, Alex Weber wrote:
The format specifier "%F" seems to work in Lua 5.1.5, but is invalid in Lua
5.2.1. I cannot find any documentation to back this up, but testing the
expression with system Lua 5.1 works and throws an error in system Lua 5.2.
Alex,

os.date uses strftime internally, and %F is specified by C99. Your Lua libraries must have been compiled with different options or compilers. This would also be a problem for Windows users, since IIRC VS doesn't support C99. I went through all the calls to os.date that used either %F or %c (locale-dependent date output) and replaced them with calls to stdnse.format_timestamp (http://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/stdnse.html#format_timestamp) for consistency. Should be fixed in r30897.

Dan