Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: can not compile recent svn nmap on windows vc 2010

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:55:06 +0200

"jaebum shin" <kuh3h3 () gmail com> wrote:

NSOCK ERROR [39.4070s] nsock_make_socket(): Setting of SO_BROADCAST
failed (IOD #1): 지원되지 않거나 잘못된 옵션이나 레벨이 getsoc
kopt()이나 setsockopt()에서 지정되었습니다.

With Henri's latest changes, I also get similar results. But in
Norwegian! I think it would be nicer if socket_strerror() could
also include the WSA-errror number (as listed in <winsock2.h>)
in the output. Thus it would be easier to understand what the
error is when some Windows-user from China reports things
like this another time.

Or (like some programs do), make socket_strerror() for Winsock
errors only return English strings. There aren't that many of them.

--gv