Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Transcript of Nmap/GSoC Planning Meeting

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 00:03:48 +0200

2013/3/25 Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>:
Hi folks!  Last Friday's Nmap/GSoC planning meeting was a success, and I'm
planning to update our GSoC web pages and apply as an organization by the
deadline this Friday.  For those who missed the meeting, here is a
transcript:

[...]

Hi Fyodor, all,

another idea, that we didn't mention during the meeting is to make
nmap (possibly nsock) able to do parallel and non-blocking name
resolution. This would be useful for proxy support and for the general
throughput of nmap during large-scale scans. I plan to eventually work
on it, but I can imagine that it could be a nice topic for a GSoC.

There's a little entry about it on the wiki[1]. Note that I'm still
unsure whether this would fit best in nsock or nmap.

[1] https://secwiki.org/w/GSoC_community_ideas#Nsock_based_asynchronous_hostname_lookup

--
Henri