Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap.xsl local path and web url are wrong

From: nmap-dev () the-jedi co uk
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:42:22 +0000

I recently noticed that when using --webxml the stylesheet is not
fetched - the browser gives the error:

Error loading stylesheet: A network error occurred loading an XSLT
stylesheet:

   http://nmap.org/svn/docs/nmap.xsl

chrome 26 just displays a blank page, opera 12 says "This document had
no style information."

I noticed that if you manually fetch that URL it redirects to an https
site, so maybe there's a problem there...?

As a workaround I thought I'd try just using the local nmap.xsl and
found that that's wrong too, in the xml output i get:

   href="file:///usr/bin/../share/nmap/nmap.xsl"

Instead of /usr/share/nmap/nmap.xsl that it should be, I guess there's
something wrong with NmapOps.cc around line 625 (might have changed, i'm
looking at svn):

   Snprintf(tmpxsl, sizeof(tmpxsl), "%s/nmap.xsl", NMAPDATADIR);

This is with Fedora 18 packaged 6.01 as well as nmap-packaged 6.25 and
even an alien-converted 5.61test2 (from nmap rpm) on debian squeeze, the
last version that puts the correct path that i can find is 5.00
debian-packaged on squeeze.