Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: getting nmap to work with tor?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:54:00 -0700

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 04:12:12PM +0100, Henri Doreau wrote:
You can also give a try at tsocks, though I don't know how well it
works with nmap.

I seem to remember using torify/torsocks successfully in the past, but
now it seems to be mapping exit policies instead (I would guess):

torify ./nmap -Pn -n -sT -F scanme.nmap.org --packet-trace

Using your proxies implementation is the direction I want to go in the
future. The way I have this roughly going in my mind is
        1. Merge proxies branch.
        2. Rewrite connect scan to use Nsock.
        3. Maybe add a proxy safety switch to prevent you from running
           -sS accidentally with proxies.

David Fifield